Monday, December 9, 2013

Price of Glory Pygmy Hippo Deck

I don't think this is going to be competitive deck, but it might be amusing.  Price of Glory pairs really well with Drain Power, but now that manaburn is gone I have to keep their lands untapped.  Thus, Awakening and Turnabout.  Pygmy Hippo is the only thing like Drain Power (Piracy doesn't work), but is a wimp and has to be unblockable to be useful.  Thus six auras to make it so.  This deck is three colors, and I think it will prove to be too complicated to win any multiplayer game.  I built it because it looks funny (hippos?  really?) and I couldn't come up with a more effective way to abuse Price of Glory.



Price of Glory Pygmy Hippo
Blue, Green, Red
60-card format


4 Price of glory
4 Rhystic study

4 Awakening
4 Turnabout

4 Pygmy Hippo
4 Drain Power

4 Aqueous Form
2 Cloak of Mists
4 Terravore

2 Pendrell Mists
1 Fade Away
3 Propaganda

LANDS

2 Maze of Ith
4 Rhystic Cave
Multicolor lands

1 comment:

Greg Thomas said...

Even with people going easy on the hippos, the four card combo didn't happen. the eight cards that made others untap lands were on the bottom half of my library. I was left with a deck that was annoying but not effective in any way.